1. Combine sugar with cinnamon and bread crumbs.
2. Roll out flaky dough to 1/4 inch thickness, cut into four by four inch squares.
3. Place one apple in center of each dough square. Fill apple with cinnamon and sugar.
4. Stretch dough gently and bring corners towards center, fasten with toothpick.
5. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
6. Reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake additional 20 minutes.
7. Sprinkle liberally with confectioner’s sugar. Garnish with cherry or grape on top, if desired.