1. In a saucepan, melt vegan butter; add shallots and sautee until they start turning golden.
2. Add jalapeno and sautee for two minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add garlic and sautee another two minutes, then add remaining ingredients except zucchini/asparagus.
4. Once the sauce comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until it thickens a bit.
5. Remove sauce from the pan. In the same pan (without washing), place julienned zucchini or asparagus and sautee for three to five minutes. Add one tablespoon of the sauce to the vegetables, mix, and remove from the pan (you want the vegetables to stay a bit crisp).