1. In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, yeast, and water, and stir. Allow to proof for 10 minutes.
2. Add remaining ingredients (except for egg wash) and mix until a smooth dough forms.
3. Using floured hands, divide dough into four equal balls.
4. In a mixing bowl, place all filling ingredients and mix until it forms a wet, loose paste, adding water as necessary.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Prepare Gefen Parchment-lined baking sheets.
6. In a small mixing bowl, combine egg and water for egg wash. Set aside.