1. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine honey, salt and one cup of milk. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
2. In a bowl, dissolve potato starch into remaining one cup of milk. Add beaten eggs, whisking until smooth.
3. Add the egg mixture to the hot liquid in a thin stream, stirring constantly, and return to medium heat. Continue stirring until the custard thickens, about five to seven minutes.
4. Remove from heat, stir in almond cream cheese (if using).
5. Custard is ready when it reaches room temperature.