1. In a food processor, puree onion and garlic.
2. Add onion and garlic to a pot with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
3. Sauté until fragrant, stirring occasionally.
4. Add meat. Using a potato masher or a wooden spoon, break the meat up until there are no remaining chunks and stir until meat is completely browned.
5. Once meat is cooked through, add in tomato sauce, tomato paste, and sugar. Stir to incorporate and bring to a boil.
6. Once sauce reaches a boil, add salt and pepper to taste, and stir to incorporate. Add gnocchi and let cook for at least 3 minutes. The longer it cooks, the more flavor is absorbed from the sauce.
7. Serve and enjoy!