1. For chicken, place all ingredients except chicken in a large container with a cover; whisk to combine. Add chicken and mix well to coat. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least a half hour, or up to four hours.
2. Grill chicken on preheated outdoor grill or in a grill pan, for three to five minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and cool. Slice into thin strips.
3. For dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well to combine.
4. To assemble salad as an appetizer, arrange a handful of lettuce on a small plate. Top with a few chicken strips, and some pomegranate seeds and cucumber slices. Sprinkle with crispy onions and drizzle dressing over the top right before serving.
5. For a large salad, place lettuce, pomegranate seeds, and cucumbers in a large bowl. Top with chicken strips, pour dressing over it, and mix well. Add crispy onions on top right before serving.