1. Generously season steak with kosher salt (if you are not sure, add a little more).
2. Sprinkle on black pepper.
3. Create a dual-zone grill by having one side of the grill hotter and another side cooler.
4. Start the steak on the hot side of the grill and grill on both sides until there is a nice crust. Depending on the heat of your fire, this could take two to four minutes per side. Once both sides are seared, transfer the steak to the cooler side of the grill and continue grilling, about five minutes per side. Check the internal temperature with thermometer to see if it is ready (it should read around 125 degrees Fahrenheit).
5. Cut the meat off the bone and slice the steak against the grain. You could char the bone on the grill to give it a uniform color before serving.