1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius). Grease a muffin pan or line with paper cups.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
3. In a second bowl, whisk eggs, oil, and remaining wet ingredients. Add grated apple.
4. Fold wet ingredients into dry and mix gently until combined.
5. Fill muffin cups three quarters of the way and top with a sprinkle of granola.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Allow muffins to cool and enjoy!
– This recipe is best made by hand. Using a mixer will overactivate the gluten and yield a tougher muffin.
– The combination of baking soda and baking powder results in a light, fluffy muffin. Do not substitute in this recipe.