1. Cut all crust off the bread. Roll each piece of bread with a rolling pin until flat.
2. Mix cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and egg yolk in a small bowl. Spread a spoonful over each slice of bread.
3. Carefully roll up like a jelly roll, and dip first into butter and then into cinnamon/sugar mixture.
4. Cut carefully in half, so you have two mini blinnies.
5. Place on greased cookie sheet, seam side down. Bake uncovered at 350°F (180°C) for 20 minutes.
6. Serve hot with sour cream and fresh fruit or applesauce, if desired.