1. In a mixer, combine yeast, water, and sugar. Let the mixture sit until bubbles form.
2. Add flour and salt and mix on medium speed for three minutes or until very well combined.
3. Let dough rise for 45 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Divide the dough into eight pieces. Roll each piece into a bagel shape (a thicker circle with a smaller center looks best).
6. Fill a medium-sized pot halfway with water and bring the water to a boil.
7. Place one bagel at a time into the water (if you have a larger pot, you can do more than one at a time; just be sure that each bagel has its space and they are not touching each other). Let it cook on each side for 30 seconds. Remove from water and place onto a cookie sheet.
8. Sprinkle with everything spice and bake for 20–30 minutes.