1. Arrange clean wings in a large aluminum pan or baking sheet in a single layer.
2. Generously sprinkle wings with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Flip wings over and season the second side with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
3. Place the wings, uncovered, in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes to an hour. This step dries out the wings and helps them get extra crispy when they’re fried!
4. In a container with a lid, whisk together flour, garlic powder, and paprika.
5. Add wings straight from the fridge to the flour mix in batches, fit the container with a lid,and shake vigorously until the wings are thoroughly coated.
6. Heat up oil and fry the wings until golden and extra crispy on both sides. Remove to a cooling rack while you make the sauce.
7. Place all sauce ingredients in a wok or high rimmed pan. Cook over high heat until bubbling and thickened slightly, two to three minutes.
8. Add the wings to the sauce (I do this in batches as well), and toss to coat in sauce . Serve immediately.