1. Add the oil to the Instant Pot, hit Sauté, and Adjust so it’s on the More or High setting.
2. After three minutes of heating, add the onion and carrot and sauté for two minutes. Add the ghee or additional oil and mushrooms and sauté for two minutes.
3. Add the rice, stir well, and cook for one minute, then add the broth and giving everything another stir.
4. Top with the whole eggplant, or cut it in half if it’s too big for the pot (see notes for a shortcut).
5. Secure the lid, move the valve to the sealing position, hit Keep Warm/Cancel, and then hit Manual or Pressure Cook on High Pressure for six minutes. Quick release when done.
6. Remove the eggplant with tongs. Trim the stem end. Carefully quarter the eggplant lengthwise and then cut it crosswise into half-inch slices. Return the eggplant to the pot and mix with the risotto.
7. Season the risotto with the curry powder (if using), seasoned salt, pepper, garlic salt, grated Parmesan (if using), and truffle oil (if using). Stir well and serve.
If you want to take a shortcut, instead of cutting up the whole eggplant after it pressure cooks and returning it to the pot in Step 6, you can cut it up raw and add it in Step 4, before pressure cooking. The difference is that cooking the eggplant whole makes for a meatier, heartier eggplant, whereas taking this shortcut will result in slightly softer eggplant.