1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Arrange peppers, cut side up, in a baking dish. Season with salt. Pour one-fourth inch water into the dish.
3. Fill each pepper piece with a heaping tablespoon of cottage cheese. Top with half the mozzarella cheese.
4. Cover the cheeses with a generous amount of marinara sauce. Sprinkle with oregano. Then sprinkle each ‘boat’ with remaining mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese.
5. Cover and bake until peppers are tender and cheeses are melted, about 35–40 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional five to 10 minutes.