1. Add the onion to a food processor fitted with the S-blade. Add the matzo meal, eggs, salt and pepper and pulse until well mixed.
2. Leave in the food processor and now switch the S-blade for the grater piece. Grate the potatoes into the food processor.
3. Remove the batter from the food processor and place in a bowl. Squeeze out any excess liquid. The dryer the batter, the crispier the latke will be!
4. Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan and add about two inches of oil. Wait until it’s hot, about five to seven minutes. I always test it by dropping in a tiny bit of potato. If it starts sizzling right away, then you know it’s ready. With your hands, form parties. I like to squeeze the patties in my hand to get rid of any extra liquid. Fry until golden brown on both sides.
5. Serve warm, on a board, with your chosen toppings.