1. Generously salt the meat on both sides.
2. Mix brown sugar, smoked paprika, thyme, allspice, orange peel, and black pepper. Massage dry rub into the meat on both sides.
3. Double wrap tightly in tin foil and then place directly into preheated oven at 275°F for about 3 hours. Begin checking for doneness at between two to two and a half hours.
4. Rewrap the meat and let cool while covered to ensure a moist end result. Pour off excess liquid into a cast iron skillet. This is the base of your glaze (see below). As it cools, the fat will rise to the top and you can skim it off.
5. Cut cooled meat across the grain in 3/4-inch-thick slices (or size of your choosing). Pack slices into the skillet.