1. Scrub potatoes with vegetable brush.
2. Place potatoes into a 12-quart pot. Cover potatoes with water and add salt. Bring potatoes to a boil and cook, covered, for 15 minutes. (Do not overcook, as potatoes fall apart easily.) Drain well and add to a nine- by 13-inch pan.
3. Mix oil with spices. Dribble spiced oil onto potatoes.
4. Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 45 minutes.
5. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
This recipe can be made with regular potatoes if they are cut into even-sized pieces for thorough cooking. For advance preparation, cook and drain potatoes the day before and bake just prior to serving.