1. Cover the bottom of a large, flat-bottomed sauté pan with olive oil.
2. Once the oil is hot, add garlic. Sauté for two to three minutes over medium high flame.
3. Add tomatoes to pan and lower heat. Sauté for two to three minutes.
4. Add potatoes to pan. Layer in peppers and jalapenos.
5. Add olive oil if needed to make sure everything is lightly coated. Let cook four to five minutes until everything begins to get tender. Add paprika, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, red pepper flakes and salt. Stir to incorporate. Cover and let simmer over a low heat for at least an hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
6. Add salmon to sauce, submerging it and covering it with the sauce. Cover and let cook for 15 minutes.
7. Add lemon slices and cilantro to top and cover for three to five more minutes.