1. Heat oil in a large frying pan (preferably pareve because the veggie mix you’re cooking in it will be blended later). Add all the vegetables, and sauté on low-medium heat.
2. After 15 minutes, cover the pan and sauté for another five minutes.
3. At this point, preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
4. Add the honey, salt and pepper, then raise the heat a bit, and continue sautéing, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes (30 minutes total). Vegetables should be soft by now.
5. Let the vegetables cool slightly and then blend the mixture until smooth with an immersion blender, or in the food processor with the knife attachment.
6. Place chicken into a large roasting pan. Smother chicken pieces with the vegetable mixture — on and under the skin, as well as on the bottom of all the pieces. Cover roasting pan tightly. Bake for one and a half hours, then uncover pan and bake an additional half hour.
7. Serve over sautéed zucchini or mashed sweet potatoes.
Personalize this chicken and use veggies of your choice. Just make sure they complement each other well. (Potatoes are not a good choice.) Also, you can use this vegetable puree on meat. It’s awesome! You can double the veggies and freeze half of it, already blended, ready to be used. I sometimes add a sliced onion to the bottom of the roaster, to add moisture and even more flavor.