1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a 9×13 pan or large Pyrex by spraying it with nonstick spray.
2. Add the peppers, onions, jalapeños, and rice. Add the water and two thirds of the can of tomato sauce.
3. Mix together the spices. Add half the spice mixture to the rice.
4. Place the chicken on top of the rice. Spread the remaining tomato sauce on the chicken. Sprinkle the remaining spice mixture on the chicken.
5. Cover with foil and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes. Then uncover and cook for another 30 minutes.