1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a large baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, cream together margarine and sugar. Add egg, orange rind, juice, ﬂour, baking powder, cinnamon, and cornmeal.
3. Place dough on baking sheet and ﬂatten with palm of hand into a rectangle, about 12 by seven inches.
4. Bake dough for 25 minutes. Remove cookie sheet from oven and let stand five minutes, until slightly cooled.
5. Using a sharp knife, cut the dough (along the width) into strips about half an inch thick. Space cookies slightly apart on the baking sheet so that air can circulate, and bake for another 20 minutes or until crisp. Cool.
6. Serve, dusted with confectioners’ sugar.
7. Place mixture on a lightly ﬂoured surface and knead until dough forms.
the method is in the wrong order. step 7 should be step 2.
Thanks! We’ll fix this.