1. Spray bottom of a large baking dish with oil.
2. Pour rice into pan.
3. Add diced onions on top of rice.
4. Lay chicken pieces on top of rice/onions.
5. Add sliced sausage around the pan between chicken pieces.
6. Season the tops of the chicken to taste with salt, pepper,paprika,and if you like it spicy, add a little cayenne pepper too.
7. Add the water to the pan according to the amount on the boxed rice instructions.
8. Spray the tops of the chicken lightly with oil.
9. Cover tightly with foil.
10. Bake 350 for 60-75 minutes.
11. Uncover and bake another 15-20 minutes to let the top of chicken brown.