I always like to include something sweet among my side dishes. It balances the salty and savory flavors that generally come along with your main dish plate. Sometimes I’ll make a pie to serve buffet style or in individual ramekins. Here I decided to try muffins and I think it’s a keeper!
Yield: 8 muffins
Prepare the Passover Sweet Potato Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line eight holes of a muffin tin with muffin cups or grease with oil.
2. In a food processor (or with a hand mixer), combine sweet potato, eggs, honey, almond flour, walnuts, salt and cinnamon and pulse to blend.
3. Divide batter among muffin cups and bake for 30 minutes, until cooked through.
Prepare the Crumble
1. While muffins are baking, combine walnuts, almond flour, sugar, oil and cinnamon in a small bowl and mix until well combined.
2. Add a spoonful of crumble to each muffin. Bake for another 15-20 minutes. Let cool.