1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an eight-inch square pan with parchment paper. It’s important to use an eight-inch pan as a nine-inch pan may be too big.
2. In a medium bowl, add the almond flour, oil, sugar, orange juice, and salt. Mix together with a fork until it forms a nice thick crumb texture. Add to the pan and use your fingers to evenly press down into the pan. Bake for six to seven minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Add sugar to a medium saucepan and place over medium-low heat. The sugar will melt together and begin to simmer and bubble along the edges. Make sure you stir constantly during this process.
4. Add in orange juice and pecans and let the mixture continue to cook for 30 more seconds, then immediately pour caramel pecan mixture on top of the cooled shortbread. Gently and evenly spread pecans over the top with a rubber spatula. You need to do this quickly so the caramel doesn’t seize or harden up!
5. Bake for 17 to 20 more minutes, then remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. Mixture will solidify once it cools. Once completely cool, transfer to the fridge for at least an hour, then cut into 16 bars and serve. If bars are too hard to cut, you may need to let them sit at room temp for 15 to 20 minutes or so.
6. Bars may need to thaw out a bit at room temp to be chewy. These are amazing with vanilla ice cream too!