This salad is the perfect appetizer for Shabbos or Yom Tov or a quick and easy weeknight dinner! Enjoy how easy and delicious this recipe is to prepare.
I use this pesto recipe for anything that calls for pesto, including chicken, salmon, and salad dressings.
Prepare the Chicken
1. Pour wine into a shallow pan. Bring to a boil and add in chicken. Cook until they are fully cooked through (don’t overcook; if they are thin they should only take about seven minutes). Take out the cutlets, set aside and let cool.
2. Once cool, shred the chicken into small pieces.
Prepare the Pesto
1. Combine basil, parsley, and garlic. Microwave for 20 seconds. Add olive oil, salt, and pepper.
2. Add some of the pesto into the chicken and mix well. Reserve the rest for your chopped salad.
1. Prepare chopped romaine lettuce and red onion. Toss with remaining pesto.
2. Put a few spoonfuls of prepared rice in the oven on broil to crisp up. Add all the rice into the salad. Mix well.
3. Top off the salad with your pesto chicken and enjoy!