1. Mix cornstarch, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add meat or chicken and toss to coat.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk soy sauce, red pepper, honey, and water and set aside.
3. Preheat a large frying pan to high heat. Make sure to have all your ingredients measured and ready because you will have to work quickly. Have a spoon or tongs nearby to keep stirring.
4. Put in oil and meat or chicken and sear to brown all sides. Remove from pan and set aside.
5. Put onion in the hot pan and sauté for one to two minutes until translucent. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook for three to four minutes until browned.
6. Add snow peas and stir for an additional two to three minutes.
7. Add the prepared sauce and bring to a boil.
8. Place meat or chicken back in pan and cover.
9. Cook for 15–20 minutes on medium-low, stirring every five minutes as needed.
10. Serve with rice.