1. Place the shredded potatoes and onion into a strainer (colander) that is inside a bowl to catch the liquid that will drain from the potatoes.
2. Sprinkle one tablespoon salt over the potato mixture and mix well, let sit for 20–30 minutes to draw out as much liquid as possible. Squeeze out any remaining liquid and place the potato mixture into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add eggs, seasoning, and flour. Mix well.
4. Heat one inch of oil in a frying pan to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Carefully place a large spoonful of mixture into the oil and push down with the spoon to flatten. Fry for two to three minutes per side or until golden brown. Drain on a rack.