1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a muffin pan with baking spray, or oil and dust with flour.
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and kosher salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix eggs, yolk,milk, vanilla, and olive oil in a separate bowl until fully combined.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk until combined. Do NOT try to beat out the lumps. Just fully combine the ingredients.
5. Fold in the strawberries.
6. Using an old-style ice cream scoop, take one level scoop of batter per muffin cup.
7. Sprinkle the tops with a little brown sugar if using. The brown sugar creates a little crisp crust on the muffin top. Without it the muffins have a soft top. Either way is very good!
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center of the center muffins should come out clean, and the tops should be golden and starting to crack.