1. Sauté onion in olive oil on a very low flame for at least half an hour or up
to one hour, time permitting. The longer you sauté, the sweeter the onions get,
but the flame must be low.
2. Meanwhile mix together the other ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Place the cleaned chicken pieces in a large pan.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) 15 minutes before the onions are ready.
4. Add sautéed onions to the other ingredients and mix together well. Spoon evenly over chicken pieces.
5. Bake for one and a half hours covered and half an hour uncovered. Once uncovered, baste two to three times.
Adding a piece of Gefen Parchment Paper over the tray of chicken, before putting the aluminum foil, will add even more moisture to your chicken.