1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat a five-quart pot over medium heat. Add rice and stir for 30 seconds to one minute. Add two cups water and bring to a boil. Cover pot and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer for 25 minutes or until all water has been absorbed. Set aside.
3. Place sweet potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with one tablespoon olive oil and toss to coat. Roast for 25 minutes or until lightly browned but still intact.
4. Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk balsamic vinegar, whole grain and Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Drizzle in remaining three tablespoons olive oil and whisk until emulsified.
5. Place brown rice, sweet potatoes, chickpeas, scallions, and parsley in a bowl or on a platter. Pour dressing over and toss to coat.
6. Can be made a day ahead of time, covered and stored in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
if I’m making this salad a day in advance should i put the dressing in now or right before I serve it