1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
2. Spread sesame seeds, ramen noodles, almonds and sunflower seeds in separate piles on a Gefen Parchment-lined baking sheet. Spray nuts and seeds lightly with water, and season with salt.
3. Toast for three minutes, then remove sesame seeds (they roast faster), and stir each remaining ingredient. Toast for an additional three to four minutes. (Alternately, toast sesame seeds in a frying pan, and toast the rest for six to seven minutes, mixing midway.)
4. In a large bowl, mix all salad ingredients.
5. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
6. Pour over salad and toss together. Add the toasted noodles, nuts, and seeds, and mix together well. This can be done an hour before serving.
Tips: If you can’t find broccoli slaw, you can sub frozen broccoli florets. Rinse and drain florets, then measure six cups. Microwave for approximately three minutes. Drain again, then cut into small pieces. You can also use the same recipe for cabbage (using the same amount).
Notes: Plain rice vinegar has a mildly sweet and slightly sour flavor. Apple cider vinegar is the best vinegar to sub, as it has the closest sweet-to-sour ratio. If you sub regular vinegar, add a little sugar or sweetener to balance the acidity.