1. In a wide, shallow pot, heat one tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until soft. Add the green pepper and celery. Sauté until they are soft.
2. Add the salt, pepper, oregano, paprika, and beef stock cubes. Mix until fragrant (about one minute), then add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
3. Add in the kidney beans and rice and mix until everything is covered in the spices.
4. Add in the water, bring to a boil. Cover and lower to a simmer. Cook for 18 minutes.
5. After 18 minutes, turn off the fire and allow to sit for five minutes. Then remove the cover and fluff with a fork.