1. In a bowl, combine wheat germ, flour, oats and salt, mixing well.
2. Blend water, oil and sugar.
3. Combine dry ingredients with liquid ingredients.
4. Knead to form a dough. Divide dough in half. Roll each half to a one quarter-inch thickness on unfloured board.
5. Cut diagonally two inches apart with pastry wheel or knife. Cut across lines to obtain diamond shapes.
6. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes until very lightly browned.
7. Remove from baking sheets. Cool on rack.