1. Cook noodles in boiling, salted water. Drain very well.
2. In a six-quart pot, over very low heat, dissolve sugar in oil. Stir constantly for 20–25 minutes until deep golden in color and liquefied.
3. Add noodles and mix vigorously. Leave noodles over low heat for 10–15 minutes until all crystals dissolve; stir frequently. Cool.
4. Add pepper and salt to beaten eggs. Pour over noodles, mix well.
5. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for additional 15 minutes.