Communicated by Sano
Dirty oven? Contrary to popular belief, cleaning the oven should not be a very difficult task. Here are step-by-step instructions for cleaning your oven, plus a bonus tip for eliminating bad odors.
Burnt oil, cake leftovers and unpleasant odors are all clues indicating that your oven needs cleaning. Contrary to what you may think, the task of cleaning can be easy and simple if you follow some rules.
Preventative treatment – in order to avoid any leaks and staining of the oven during use, place an aluminum pan on the bottom of the oven to absorb leaked liquids or other food residues.
Immediate treatment – the oven got dirty anyway? Don’t wait, clean it immediately. When the grease dries and is fixed on the surface, it is more difficult to clean.
STEP-BY-STEP: How to Clean The Oven
- Soften the oil marks – spread baking soda over large patches of residue, fill a heat-resistant porcelain bowl with water, and place in the oven for 20 minutes at a high temperature. The steam will soften the dirt and will make for easier cleaning. (Let the oven cool down after this step. DO NOT clean the oven when hot.)
- Spray Sano Ovens Forte Plus, a cold grease remover suitable for ovens, on extremely difficult residue. Use gloves to protect your hands while you clean.
- Crumbs and sauce and oil stains are sometimes accumulated in the rubbers around the oven door. Clean the internal parts of the rubbers using a cloth. In the case of stains, rub them using a toothbrush soaked in a solution of baking soda, 1/2 cup of vinegar and 3/4 cup of water. DO NOT spray cold grease remover on the rubbers, as it may damage them.
- Clean the oven pans using Spark dish soap or Sano Forte Plus degreaser. Spray or pour some of the substance on the stained areas, wait about 15 minutes, and rub as needed until the stain is cleaned.
- And finally: how do you eliminate bad odors from your oven? Squeeze two lemons into a heat-resistant bowl and add two cups of water. Place the lemon peels into the bowl as well and place in the oven for 20 minutes at a high temperature.
Learn more about Sano products!