1. Heat olive oil in a large pot.
2. Add spare ribs and sear on all sides for two to three minutes.
3. Remove meat from the pot, and
immediately add onions and reserved
spices. Sauté for about five minutes or until onions are translucent.
4. Add the meat back in, then pour in the sauce ingredients. Bring to a low simmer and cover the pot.
5. Cook for 45 minutes, then add the apple
wedges and mix. Simmer for an additional 30–45 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and enjoy. Serve
warm. (If preparing in advance, just warm in the oven before serving.)