1. Combine spices, coat all sides of meat and let sit for a couple hours (if possible). Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Heat olive oil in heavy bottom oven-proof pan. Once hot, add meat. Sear on each side till meat releases from pan by itself (about five minutes per side). Remove from pan and set aside.
3. Add a little more olive oil to the pan and sauté onions.
4. While the onions are cooking, mix the silan, orange, and wine together. Add to the onions and let cook together for three minutes, making sure to scrape up all the bits from the bottom of the pan.
5. Add the meat back into the pan, cover well and place in the oven. Cook for three hours.
6. Let cool before slicing against the grain.