If eating the rainbow is the way to a healthy diet, then start right here with this vibrant and flavorful salad. An assortment of fresh and colorful vegetables paired up with grilled chicken and mango creates an easy and satisfying meal that also happens to be photo friendly. I always say I like a salad that tastes so good I forget I am eating one, and this one hits the spot. Sweet mango, creamy avocado, and crunchy cabbage along with zesty lime juice create a nice blend of taste and texture with each bite. If you have toddlers in the house who are not a fan of salad (much like my son), serve the chicken slices and avocado with a side of rice, couscous, or baked potatoes.
Grill the Chicken
1. Combine chicken, oil and spices in a large Ziploc bag.
2. Heat a grill pan, then cook chicken on both sides until cooked through and no longer pink. Slice the chicken thinly.
Assemble the Salad
1. Place lettuce on a serving plate. Layer sections of carrots, purple cabbage, avocado, mango, and chicken on top.
2. Squeeze fresh lime juice over salad and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro. (For a thicker dressing combine equal parts lime juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Combine well then serve over salad.)
This dish works great for Shabbos lunch as it tastes good at room temp and the veggies and chicken can be stored in separate Ziploc bags until ready to serve.
To make this a dairy meal, skip the chicken and serve with crumbled feta instead.
Cilantro lime mayo would taste great over it for people that like a creamy salad.
1. Combine all ingredients well. Serve over salad.