1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
2. Place the garlic and parsley in a mesh bag. In another mesh bag, place the chicken bones and the chicken quarters and tie well. Place into a deep 9×13-inch (23×33-centimeter) baking pan and add the vegetables.
3. Fill the palm of your hand with a nice amount of kosher salt and add it to the pan. Add water until the chicken and vegetables are covered. Cover the pan
with aluminum foil and place in preheated oven.
4. Bake for one hour. Lower oven heat to 250 degrees Fahrenheit (120 degrees Celsius) and cook for an additional three hours.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before discarding the bones and parsley. Shred the chicken quarters and either serve with the soup or use as you like. Enjoy!
I like when my soup is clear, so after it cools down, I pour the liquid through a paper towel or a cheesecloth to filter out any loose pieces and give it a clear broth.