1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray or Gefen Parchment Paper.
2. In a food processor, mix sugar and butter until smooth. Add in the egg, vanilla, and chickpeas. Process until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, ground almonds, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix on dough setting until a thick dough forms.
5. Remove from processor into a bowl, and then gently add the chocolate chips with a spatula. (You can also add raisins or nuts or oats if you want to really make this a whole different kind of “healthy” cookie.)
6. Using a small ice cream scooper or a large spoon, add big dollops of batter to your baking sheet. Leave a good amount of space between each cookie for spreading.
7. Using a fork or the palm of your hand, gently flatten the tops of each dough ball.
8. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Do NOT overbake. In my house we actually love them very under-baked, just crispy edges so we can add cold ice cream and have a hot, delicious mess of cookie to indulge in.
9. Let cool for about 10 minutes before attempting to transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.