Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with Gefen Parchment Paper.
2. Sift together the flour, cocoa, espresso powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
3. Working with a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the margarine and sugar together on medium speed until pale, about two minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs and vanilla and beat for another two minutes. Reduce the mixer speed to low and mix in the dry ingredients in three additions, mixing only until a dough forms. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix in the chopped nuts, dried cherries and chocolate chips.
4. Divide the dough in half. Wet your hands and shape each half of the dough into a 12-inch log right on the baking sheet. Each log should be about two inches wide. Flatten the top of the log with your hands. Sprinkle each log with demerara sugar or another coarse sugar of your choice.
5. Bake the logs for 30 minutes. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and put it on a cooling rack and cool the logs for one hour or more.
6. Working with one log at a time, use a long serrated knife too cut each log into slices between half an inch to three-quarters of an inch thick. Stand the slices up on the baking sheet and bake the cookies again for just 10 minutes. Transfer the biscotti to a rack to cool.