1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Using a floured rolling pin, roll out dough on a floured work surface to one-fourth-inch thick.
3. Cut out circles with a two-inch diameter cup or cookie cutter. Place circles on ungreased cookie sheets, one-inch apart. Continue cutting and re-rolling the excess dough until all the dough has been used.
4. Drop one teaspoon of chocolate filling in the center of a circle and top with another circle. Completely seal the edges, using the tines of a fork. Repeat until all the cookies have been used.
5. Bake for 13–16 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Sprinkle with sugar, or allow cookies to cool, and sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
To make chocolate cream yourself, melt 1/2 cup dessert topping and a six-ounce package of chocolate chips, stirring until it thickens. Cool.