My friend Devorah K. started a baking business when we were both newly married and living in Yerushalayim. Everything she made was delicious and looked perfect. It was fun getting to sample all her “imperfections.” These days, Devorah runs a successful party planning business in Cleveland. When her clients are lucky, Devorah will still get back into the kitchen and serve up her delicious goodies, including these, which are one of my favorites.
Yield: 20 cannolis
Prepare the Cannoli Shells
1. Prepare two bowls. Place sanding sugar in one bowl.
2. In the second bowl, melt chocolate melts in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring in between and mixing until smooth.
3. Dip cannoli shells first into chocolate and then into sanding sugar. Let set.
Prepare the Cheese Filling
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add peanut butter, if using. Add heavy cream and beat to combine.
2. Fold in melted white chocolate. Place mixture in a piping bag.