1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with Gefen Parchment Paper.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer using the cookie paddle (or in a large bowl by hand), cream together butter/margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract and mix well. Add dry ingredients except cinnamon and brown sugar and mix well.
3. On a large piece of parchment paper, roll out dough to half-inch thickness. Combine cinnamon and brown sugar and sprinkle half the mixture onto dough.
4. Fold dough over and roll again to half-inch thickness. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture.
5. Fold dough over and once again roll to half-inch thickness. Form dough into a ball and flatten into a disc shape.
6. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
7. Roll dough to approximately quarter-inch thickness and cut shapes. Place on cookie sheet.
8. Bake for nine minutes. For soft cookies, do not overbake. For crispier cookies, bake for an additional one to two minutes.