1. Lightly grease an eight- by eight-inch square baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the chocolate chips, sugar, and cocoa.
3. Separately, place the margarine and coconut milk in a small saucepan and stir together over medium heat. Heat until the margarine has melted and bubbles just begin to break at the surface. Remove from the stove and immediately pour over the chocolate mixture.
4. Let everything sit for a couple of minutes, and then stir vigorously to melt the chocolate and incorporate the dry ingredients. Continue stirring until a completely smooth mixture forms. Mix in the vanilla and quickly pour everything into your prepared pan.
5. Smooth out the top and sprinkle the flaked coconut evenly over the entire exposed surface. Press the coconut gently into the fudge with the palm of your hand.
6. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.