Anyone who tries this soup is shocked that the only ingredients are vegetables. It’s thick and creamy without any potatoes or cream needed. The only time-consuming part is peeling the vegetables, but once that’s done it should be smooth sailing.
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add sliced onions and sauté until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add carrots and zucchini and sauté a few more minutes.
3. Add about five cups water, until water just barely covers vegetables. This will help keep the soup thick. Bring to a boil and then simmer over low heat until carrots are soft and break easily with a fork.
4. Add salt and dill and cook for a few more minutes.
5. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. Add a little water to thin if needed. Season with additional salt, to taste.