1. Generously salt eggplant and let it sit for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Pat eggplant dry. Season eggplant with zaatar, sumac, salt, pepper, and oil. Toss to combine and then spread in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
4. Roast for 10 minutes, flip and roast for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until eggplant is soft.
5. In the meantime, mix together silan glaze ingredients.
6. Brush glaze onto eggplant rounds and roast for an additional 10 minutes.
7. Garnish with a drizzle of tahini and silan, and a sprinkle of zaatar and fresh mint if desired.