Halibut taco with guacamole and a mango pico de gallo. Taco Tuesday just got tastier!
For the Spice Rub
1. In a small bowl, mix the dried parsley, paprika, two teaspoons lime zest, salt, and pepper. Rub the spice mix onto the fish side. If your fish is not in fillets, slice your fish side into two-ounce portions. Set aside.
For the Mango Pico de Gallo
1. Finely chop your onion and mango. Place in a large bowl. Remove the seeds from the tomato and dice, then add to the onion and mango. Mince your parsley and add it. Add in your lime juice and the half tablespoon of lime zest. Add oil. Stir well.
For the Guacamole
Mash your avocado and add your diced tomatoes, minced jalapeno, diced onion, and corn. Add your lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Fry the Fish
1. Heat up a large pan with canola oil. Cook your fish for about one to two minutes per side, depending on the thickness. To achieve perfect crispy skin, keep it on high heat and don’t move your fish. When cooked, it should be completely white and flaky. Let it rest.
1. On an open flame, warm your tortillas for about 30 seconds per side.
2. Smear your taco with the guacamole. Then add your crispy fish, a big spoonful of pico de gallo, and some shredded cabbage. Finish it off with some fresh parsley and a squeeze of lime.