Fresh Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits with Crunchy Granola
Dairy 8 Servings
- Dairy - Gluten - Tree nuts
- Vegetarian - Pescatarian - Low Fat
These parfaits are just the perfect thing to top off a great party! You’ve tasted and eaten your fair share of food from the buffet. Now you’re craving something sweet…but not too heavy. These light fresh fruit and yogurt parfaits will do the trick and won’t derail your diet.
Prepare the Granola
1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it and spraying with non-stick baking spray.
2. Combine the brown sugar and hot water so that the brown sugar dissolves somewhat. Add the vanilla and salt. Add oats and nuts. Mix thoroughly until you have combined all the ingredients very well.
3. Spread the mixture on prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool. The granola will get crunchier as it cools. You can break up the large chunks so that you have granola bits.
Prepare the Parfaits
Yield: approximately 8 parfaits (depending on the size of the glass)
1. Combine yogurt and maple syrup.
2. Place a heaping tablespoons of the yogurt mixture on the bottom of each parfait glass, followed by a heaping tablespoon of pineapple and blueberries.
3. Sprinkle with granola, then top with additional yogurt and mango and strawberries. Continue to layer until glass is full.