This dressing starts with olive oil á la Chanukah, complemented by various ingredients to give you a fabulous, healthful choice to top your salad. I’ve served this dressing on various salads, and it was always a hit.
Yields approximately 2 and 1/2 cups dressing
Prepare the Dressing
1. Place all dressing ingredients in a large bowl and blend with an immersion blender.
Prepare the Veggie Garnish
1. Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and dill if using.
3. Add kohlrabi and sauté for seven minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon. Add more olive oil if necessary, then add carrot and sauté for five minutes. Remove from pan.
4. Add more olive oil if necessary, then add beet and sauté for five more minutes.
Assemble the Salad
1. Assemble your salad and pour the dressing on top, then garnish with veggie cubes or with classic roasted sweet potato cubes.
This dressing lasts in the fridge for about two weeks. It thickens as it sits in the fridge, so I recommend stirring it before using.
Food and Prop Styling by Shiri Feldman Photography by Felicia Perretti