1. Heat a large sauté pan over high heat until hot. Spray with nonstick cooking spray (you can shut the heat for a moment for safety, if desired).
2. Add one layer of peppers (don’t overcrowd; you will need to cook them in two to three batches), sprinkle with salt, and cook until blistered (time will depend on the strength of your fire), flipping halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil and honey.
4. When all peppers have been cooked, lower heat, return all peppers to pan, add sauce, and stir to coat the peppers. Cook for one additional minute.
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and crushed red pepper, only if additional heat is desired.